Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
I have tried to use some phrasal verbs and ordinary verbs in my sentences. Would you please correct my mistakes.
The verbs are:

1. ache for 2. pick a fight 3. account for 4. act up 5. pick something to pieces 6. pick your teeth 7. add on 8. admit to 9. answer back 10. approve of

1. During his 6-month stint in Afghanistan, Peter constantly ached for his girlfriend.
2. As the gang closed in on Steve, he pulled out his gun and grinned. They didn't move, knowing they had picked a fight with the wrong man.
3. The misuse of drugs and alcohol by children probably accounts for the rise of mental problems in teenagers.
4. As soon as Joan tried to run, her knee would act up, so she stopped running and took up cycling.
5. The bestseller author had his new novel picked to pieces, which made him furious,
6. Maria told off her husband for picking his teeth in public. He responded that cleaning his teeth was more important than what people thought of it.
7. The owner of the house added an extension without permission and had to demolish it or face a hefty fine.
8. Tim never admitted to making mistakes and always blamed others.
9. The new teacher was chocked when the students answered her back. Her colleagues told her not to react angrily because it would make things only worse.
10. Gina's upper-class family didn't approve of her marrying Mark, a buss driver, but she told them it would be he or none.

I have tried to use some phrasal verbs and ordinary verbs in my sentences. Would you please correct my mistakes.
The verbs are:

1. ache for 2. pick a fight 3. account for 4. act up 5. pick something to pieces 6. pick your teeth 7. add on 8. admit to 9. answer back 10. approve of

1. During his 6-month stint in Afghanistan, Peter constantly ached for his girlfriend. :tick:
2. As the gang closed in on Steve, he pulled out his gun and grinned. They didn't move, knowing they had picked a fight with the wrong
man. :tick:
3. The misuse of drugs and alcohol by children probably accounts for the rise [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in mental problems in teenagers.
4. As soon as Joan tried to run, her knee would act up, so she stopped running and took up cycling. :tick:
5. The [STRIKE]bestseller[/STRIKE] bestselling author had his new novel picked to pieces, which made him furious.
6. Maria told off her husband for picking his teeth in public. He responded that cleaning his teeth was more important than what people thought of it. :tick:
7. The owner of the house added an extension without permission and had to demolish it or face a hefty fine. :tick:
8. Tim never admitted to making mistakes and always blamed others. :tick:
9. The new teacher was [STRIKE]chocked[/STRIKE] shocked when the students answered her back. Her colleagues told her not to react angrily because it would only make things [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] worse.
10. Gina's upper-class family didn't approve of her marrying Mark, a [STRIKE]buss[/STRIKE] bus driver, but she told them it would be [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] him or [STRIKE]none[/STRIKE] no one.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back