Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
I've tried to use the word "squeeze" in my sentences. Would you please correct my mistakes?

1. Four of us squeezed into the back of a little Fiat while Peter and his girlfriend sat in front. Before he pressed the accelerator, he told us to pray his car was not going to stall.
2. A burly man squeezed my hand, and I felt as if he was going to break my bones.
3. In some countries, interrogators still use torture to squeeze information out of suspects.
4. When I called my GP, the nurse told me it is difficult to get an appointment at this time of the year, but she would try to squeeze me in the next day.
5. When Joan grills fish, she always squeezes some lemon juice onto it just before it is served.
6. The government is putting the squeeze on the unions to accept a new employment law.
7. The snow under the sun was dazzling, hurting my eyes. I squeezed them shut and walked on in darkness, opening my eyes occasionally just not to lose my bearings.
8. Many large companies warn the prime minister that because of the prolonged Brexit negotiations they already feel the squeeze.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Almost perfect! The only changes I would make are:

7. ... opening my eyes occasionally just to avoid losing my bearings.
8. ... Many large companies have warned ... they are already feeling the squeeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.