Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Could anyone please correct mistakes in my essay?
Thanks in advance.

Now that we live in a society where gender equality is pursued more vigorously than ever before, I am of exactly the same opinion that fathers should take a childcare leave after the birth of his child. To begin with, child-raising is a painstaking task that parents could not do every day without cooperation. In fact, a recent study showed that mothers whose husbands were not actively involved in childcare were more likely to suffer from mental disease such as depression. Secondly, fathers who spend long hours at home can be more often engaged in the interaction with their family, which helps foster children’s language development. As lots of researches previously revealed, children enhance linguistic competence by being exposed to communication between family members. From these viewpoints, I totally agree with the notion that fathers should take time off for their children.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum.

The standard of your written English is excellent. We could make a few tweaks here and there, but you should now show your work to your teacher for his/her assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.