Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello.
I've found only two mistakes.
How many mistakes can you find?

-When did you begin to study English?
- Well, it was a long time ago. I think I was around 4 years old and we had an English teacher in the kindergarten. If I’m right, the first thing she showed us was the alphabet.
- Why do you study English?
- I find this question very hilarious because it’s pretty obvious. It is a language spoken by the whole world.
- Do you need English in your everyday life?
- Of course, I do. As an example, when I use my phone I read a lot of stuff in English. Also a few times a week I may watch some movies or series on Netflix at the original language. If it’s not English then I use English subtitles.
- Do you have English books at home?
- Yes, I have one book on my own and a few magazines. My mum has some but that’s none of my business. I prefer to read books online because it takes a lot of time to find the right book in English in Saint-P.
- How many foreign languages do you want to learn?
- I think at least four but English and Spanish would be enough. Learning them takes up a lot of time and I don’s have so much of it.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
What is the exercise for?

- We usually say "If I'm not wrong/mistaken...".
- The answer (not the question) is obvious.
- Some comma in #6 are missing
- in the original language
- I have one book for myself

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please state the source and author of the quoted text, towcats.

towcats1

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
the source - at my lesson
the author - a student
the reason-- I can't find mistakes

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
- When did you begin to study English?
- Well, it was a long time ago. I think I was around 4 years old and we had an English teacher in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] kindergarten. If I’m right, the first thing she showed us was the alphabet.
- Why do you study English?
- I find this question [STRIKE]very[/STRIKE] hilarious because it’s pretty obvious. It is a language spoken by the whole world. (Grammatically correct but not true.)
- Do you need English in your everyday life?
- Of course no comma here I do. As an example, when I use my phone I read a lot of stuff in English. Also, a few times a week I [strike]may[/strike] watch some movies or series on Netflix [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in the original language. If [strike]it’s[/strike] they're not in English, [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] I use English subtitles.
- Do you have English books at home?
- Yes, I have one book [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] of my own and a few magazines. My mum has some but that’s none of my business. I prefer to read books online because it takes a lot of time to find the right book in English in Saint-P.
- How many foreign languages do you want to learn?
- I think at least four but English and Spanish would be enough. Learning them takes up a lot of time and I [STRIKE]don’s[/STRIKE] don't have [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] much of it.

See above for the corrections I would make. Your student's English is very good so I would perhaps make more corrections than I would with a beginner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.