Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*****************************************************************************************************

Dylan focused on his daughter’s face and saw that she really was serious, so he swallowed the piece of chicken he had been chewing and said, “Ok, Penelope, I’ll tell you, but what I tell you must not go beyond us two, not for any reason”.

He always called her Penelope when he was serious. “To put it simply, I have had some success with creating artificial wormholes, but my problem is that I can’t keep them open; they close almost immediately. In 3.9 seconds every time. I’m almost at the point of giving up.”

Penny saw what she hadn’t noticed before, something only she herself might notice, her father was mentally tired. “I only know a little about this kind of physics, Dad. Even my uni course won’t fully cover it unless I choose more specific subjects. Though from what I do know, wormholes theory predicts that they are unstable. I think you need something called exotic-matter to hold a wormhole open.”

One side of Dylan’s mouth formed a smile. “Exactly, sweetie, but that’s not my problem. My wormhole devices produce the exotic matter they need. The first wormholes collapsed almost instantly. Now, they are collapsing in 3.9 seconds, every single time.”

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*****************************************************************************************************

Dylan focused on his daughter’s face and saw that she really was serious, so he swallowed the piece of (1)chicken he had been chewing and said, “Ok, Penelope, I’ll tell you, but what I'll tell you must not go beyond us two, not for any reason”.

He always called her Penelope when he was serious. “To put it simply, I have had some success with creating artificial wormholes, but my problem is that I can’t keep them open; they close almost immediately. In 3.9 seconds every time. I’m almost at the point of giving up.”

Penny saw what she hadn’t noticed before, something only she herself might notice, her father was mentally tired. “I only know a little about this kind of physics, Dad. Even my uni course won’t fully cover it unless I choose more specific subjects. Though from what I do know, wormholes theory predicts that they are unstable. I think you need something called exotic-matter to [STRIKE]hold[/STRIKE] keep a wormhole open.”

One side of Dylan’s mouth formed a smile. “Exactly, sweetie, but that’s not my problem. My wormhole devices produce the exotic matter they need. The first wormholes collapsed almost instantly. Now, they are collapsing in 3.9 seconds, every single time.”

(1) The chicken wouldn't be in one piece after being chewed.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
One side of Dylan’s mouth formed a smile.

Hmm- any better ideas for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.