Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Today, I bought a double cheeseburger, a cup of iced milk green tea and a packet of French fries for lunch. I was so full that I didn't even need to have dinner. In the afternoon, I was planning about what to do on the coming Happy Father's Day. Actually, my father doesn't care about festivals. He doesn't even celebrate his birthday. So, practically, the day is just for me and my mother. I want to eat a cake, and my mother wants to take photos of the cake and upload them to Facebook for gaining likes.

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Today, I bought a double cheeseburger, a cup of iced [STRIKE]milk[/STRIKE] green tea with milk and a packet of French fries for lunch. I was so full that I didn't even need to have dinner. In the afternoon, I was planning [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] what to do on the coming [STRIKE]Happy[/STRIKE] Father's Day. Actually, my father doesn't care about festivals. He doesn't even celebrate his birthday. So, practically, the day is just for me and my mother. I want to eat a cake, and my mother wants to take photos of the cake and upload them to Facebook to get likes.
Those compound sentences are improving!

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Maybo, I have improved your thread title. It's fine to let us know that it's a diary entry but you should also include some of the text (not just one word). Also, you originally wrote "diary-cake", using a hyphen. Before I read the post, I wondered what on earth a "diary-cake" is. Instead of a hyphen, you should have used a dash with a space on either side: "Diary - cake".

Status
Not open for further replies.