How much rewriting is enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of my writing experience has been science writing (for a university) and journalism (small newspapers). My experience has been that anything after a second rewrite is too much. The best draft is either the first one or the second. Just my experience.

Welcome to the forum, hidemoto.

Please correct the information in your profile or explain how Assamese is the native language of a Vietnamese citizen.

We like to think that our members are telling the truth about themselves.

Spammer- gone from the forum.

Dean Koontz, if I remember the spelling of his name correctly, writes popular horror fiction in the United States. Years ago he wrote that for every page of a book he gets published, he has written 9 drafts on average. In other words, every page is rewritten and rewritten and rewritten. He considers this part of the writing process.

Why would anyone rewrite that much? If the goal is a piece that catches the reader's attention, is consistently interesting, flows smoothly, and is intellectually and emotionally powerful, but the writer has to rewrite and rewrite to get the piece up to that standard, he just puts in the time and energy and does it.

I remember that in high school, rewriting a book report just to make it legible seemed a nuisance to me. But reading this comment by Mr. Koontz changed my whole attitude about rewriting. Since then, I've always considered the rewriting process as equally important as my original ideas. And I don't complain, no matter how long it takes to rewrite a piece. I just keep working.

Until the text is 100% unique.

Such a nice forum discussion. I am one of the writers and editors, associated with [removed name of company] since a decade. My site provide you a high-quality [removed name of company] in Malaysia by PhD experts in your given deadline at affordable price. We are available 24x7. Chat Now! Welcome)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are at least seven errors in your post, so we wouldn't be recommending your website to anybody, even if it didn't contravene the 'no spam' rule.

Additionally, your member info is clearly fabricated, so you're banned.

Hello! I really liked your story. Thank you! [link deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Please take it further and ban fools like this. This thread will attract spammers. I will close it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back