Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, can you please check the following sentences? Thank you.

Long summary
Kaira is an aspiring filmmaker who navigates through various relationships in search for the perfect life. A chance encounter with a free-spirited therapist, Dr Jehangir, who helps her gain new perspective on life, and she soon realises that happiness is all about finding comfort in life’s imperfections.

Short summary
Accustomed to living an unfocused life, a promising cinematographer meets an unconventional therapist who helps her gain new perspective about life.

Long summary
Kaira is an aspiring filmmaker who navigates ​her way through various relationships in search [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] of the perfect life. A chance encounter with a free-spirited therapist, Dr Jehangir, [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] helps her gain a new perspective on life, and she soon realises that happiness is all about finding comfort in life’s imperfections.

Short summary
Accustomed to living an unfocused life, a promising cinematographer meets an unconventional therapist who helps her gain a new perspective [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] on life.

See above.

Long summary
Kaira is an aspiring filmmaker who navigates through various relationships in search [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] of the perfect life. A chance encounter with a free-spirited therapist, Dr Jehangir, [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] helps her gain a new perspective on life, and she soon realizes that happiness is all about finding comfort in life’s imperfections.

Short summary
Accustomed to living an unfocused life, a promising cinematographer meets an unconventional therapist who helps her gain a new perspective [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] on life.

You will note, I'm sure, that (with the exception of teechar changing the correct BrE spelling of "realises" to the AmE spelling "realizes") we made identical corrections half an hour apart.

You will note, I'm sure, that (with the exception of teechar changing the correct BrE spelling of "realises" to the AmE spelling "realizes") we made identical corrections half an hour apart.

Yes, I think I should go with realizes instead realises. Even though BrE English is preferred in Asia but for some of the words Asian still preferred in AmE, such as realizes.

Yes, I think I [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] will go with "realizes" instead of "realises". Even though BrE [STRIKE]English[/STRIKE] is preferred in Asia [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] some of the words [STRIKE]Asian[/STRIKE] still [STRIKE]preferred in[/STRIKE] take the AmE spelling, such as "realizes".

See above.

That's fine. Just make sure you're consistent. If you use the AmE spelling of "realizes", use the AmE spelling of any other words which have a BrE/AmE difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back