Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello,

I can't understand the connection between the bold part of the below sentence with the rest of the sentence. Would you please help me?

According to Intel 471, in March 2021, DarkSide “rolled out a number of new features in an effort to attract new affiliates. These included versions for targeting Microsoft Windows- and Linux-based systems, enhanced encryption settings, a fully fledged and integrated feature built directly into the management panel that enabled affiliates to arrange calls meant to pressure victims into paying ransoms and a way to launch a distributed denial of service (DDoS).”

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.

I can't understand the connection between the bold part of the below sentence with the rest of the sentence. Would you please help me?

According to Intel 471, in March 2021, DarkSide “rolled out a number of new features in an effort to attract new affiliates. These included versions for targeting Microsoft Windows- and Linux-based systems, enhanced encryption settings, a fully fledged and integrated feature built directly into the management panel that enabled affiliates to arrange calls meant to pressure victims into paying ransoms and a way to launch a distributed denial of service (DDoS).”

[strike]Thanks in advance.[/strike] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

The connection to the rest of the sentence is that it contains two of the four features they rolled out. To clarify, in 2021, Dark Side rolled out the following features:

- versions for targeting Windows- and Linux-based systems
- enhanced encryption settings
- a fully fledged and integrated feature built directly into the management panel that enabled affiliates to arrange calls meant to pressure victims into paying ransoms
- a way to launch a distributed denial of service (DDoS)

Is that clearer? You said you were only confused about the connection so I assume you understand the content.

Alexey86

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Such a long sentence! I've counted 63 words.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I make it 50 words. The last sentence of the final sentence starts "These included". The whole section you quoted has 63 words but that includes the end of the preceding sentence.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
There's a great argument for an Oxford comma there, after the word ransoms.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

Sentences don't have a size limit. We have attention limits first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.