Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, can you please check the following sentences? Thank you.

Long summary
Most women are trying to be slim in order to be loved. But how about if a woman is willing to be fat for her prince charming? Krisya, a beautiful and stylish young woman who cares about nothing but her appearance. She then falls in love with a young and handsome CEO Irfan, but there is one problem - Irfan is into women who are little more on the heavier side. Krisya must now discard her way of living and work hard to increase her weight. Will she able to win Irfan’s heart?

Short summary
A beautiful and stylish woman falls in love with a man who is into plus-sized women. Will she able to changes herself in order to win Irfan’s heart?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, can you please check the following sentences? Thank you.

Long summary
Most women are trying to be slim in order to be loved. Is this suggested by the film or is it your personal view?

But how about if a woman is willing to be fat for her Prince Charming?

Krisya (no comma here) is a beautiful, [strike]and[/strike], slim, stylish young woman who cares about nothing but her appearance. She then falls in love with a young [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] handsome CEO, Irfan, but there is one problem - Irfan is into women who are little more on the [STRIKE]heavier[/STRIKE] heavy side.
(If you use "more", follow it with "heavy". If you use "heavier", ditch "more".)

Krisya must now [STRIKE]discard[/STRIKE] change her way of [STRIKE]living[/STRIKE] life and work hard to [STRIKE]increase her[/STRIKE] put on/gain weight. Will she able to win Irfan’s heart?

Short summary
A beautiful, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] stylish, slim/thin woman falls in love with a man who is into plus-[STRIKE]sized[/STRIKE]size women. Will she able to [STRIKE]changes[/STRIKE] change/transform herself in order to win Irfan’s heart?

See above.

You need to be clear in both summaries that when she meets Irfan, Krisya is not fat. Saying she is beautiful and stylish does not mean she's not fat/overweight.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
See above.

You need to be clear in both summaries that when she meets Irfan, Krisya is not fat. Saying she is beautiful and stylish does not mean she's not fat/overweight.

Noted on the (Slim/thin).

Long summary
Most women are trying to be slim in order to be loved. Is this suggested by the film or is it your personal view?
Yes, it's my personal view.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Noted on the (Slim/thin).

Long summary
Yes, it's my personal view.

I suggest very strongly you remove that from the summary. For a start, the summary is supposed to use only facts and ideas from the film. Secondly (and more importantly in my opinion), that's nonsense! I'm sure there are some shallow women still out there who think being slim is necessary in order to be happy and to find love. However, I can assure you that, in the 21st century, most women have realised that that is an appallingly shallow view, and one which has been perpetuated mostly by men for decades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.