A question about novel writing

• Thread starter flyerlow
  • Start date
  • Views : 378
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flyerlow

I read something like this. A novel in past tense. And then suddenly a present tense sentece : The sun rises at 6 am every morning. Should it be : The sun rose at 6 am every morning? Since the whole novel is already in a past tense. It seems wrong to me, please teach and explain a little bit. Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I was reading [STRIKE]something like this. A[/STRIKE] a novel which was in the past tense, and then suddenly a present tense sentence appeared: "The sun rises at 6 am every morning". Should it be "The sun rose at 6 am every morning"since the [STRIKE]whole[/STRIKE] rest of the novel is already in the past tense? It seems wrong to me. Please [STRIKE]teach and[/STRIKE] explain that to me. [STRIKE]a little bit.[/STRIKE] Thanks in advance. [STRIKE]d.[/STRIKE]
Hello flyerlow, and welcome. :)
What is the name of that novel, and is it available online?

F

flyerlow

It was a novel I read years ago, I can't find it now. Just a novel with a lot of grammar mistakes, translated from a foreign language.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
flyerlow, you have not yet answered my question in your earlier thread, and you have given insufficient source and context in this one for us to speculate.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.