Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Here's a short and incomplete list of all the sh*t women are constantly messaged about their fertility:

Source: Cosmopolitan (July/August, 2021)

Seeing the title, I winced and wondered if feminists would roar angerily and sue the author or Cosmopolitan. Well, the fashion magazine did write "sh*t women" and I want to know whether it is offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Re: a short and incomplete list of all the sh* women

First of all, you should've censored the word sh*t.

Second, I don't think Cosmopolitan is calling women sh*t. There's an omitted that here. Women are constantly messaged some sh*t about their fertility. Here's a list of all the sh*t that women are messaged. Cosmopolitan is calling the messages about women's fertility sh*t, not women themselves.

Third, Cosmopolitan is known for provoking, clickbaity headlines. Here, it asserts women are constantly messaged about their fertility, which I strongly doubt is true by the way, and it uses a strong language to tell the reader from the get-go that it's against such messages, showing some weird anger-fueled compassion for women, which aims to hopefully lure one into reading the article, making her enraged and feel oppressed in a sort of "I hate it. Let me read more!" manner. It's sad, honestly, because many easily manipulated women genuinely believe the sh*t the likes of Cosmopolitan write and they're having their view of the world distorted. It's not at all objective journalism on their part; all they're hoping for is to get as many people to read their sh*tty articles as possible, no matter how low they need to stoop to achieve their goal.

Last, don't read Cosmpolitan. Save yourself some brain cells.

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Status