Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Adam's decision to eat the fruit.

Some commentators have seen that decision as an act of supreme love, others as an abject compounding of eve's sin. What do you think? (Paradise Lost books9-12)

I think the apple represents the source of forbidden knowledge, or supreme love, love for wisdom. Why would thirst for knowledge be regarded as a sin? Why would God punish someone for wanting to know more? It is believed that Christianity is based on lies, and the facts in the bible are distorted. Religion had always been an effective means of controlling the masses. Having taken into account the above facts, I personally do not see that decision as an act abject compounding of Eve's sin, but rather as a symbol of sacred knowledge.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Adam's decision to eat the fruit.

Some commentators have seen that decision as an act of supreme love, others as an abject compounding of Eve's sin. What do you think? (Paradise Lost books 9-12)

I think the apple represents the source of forbidden knowledge, or supreme love, the love for wisdom. Why would thirst for knowledge be regarded as a sin? Why would God punish someone for wanting to know more? It is believed that Christianity is based on lies, and the facts in the bible are distorted. Religion had always been an effective means of controlling the masses. Having taken into account the above facts, I personally do not see that decision as an act abject compounding of Eve's sin, but rather as a symbol of sacred knowledge.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.