Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello.

There is a sentence:

"I heard the hooing and gurgling of a water-bottle bird."

What is a water-bottle bird?

since that context is about Africa I cannot imagine it is about a bird in a cage who drinks from a water bottle.

can it be the name of a kind of bird?

I also don't get what "hooing" and "gurgling" sound like.

thank you so much

Welcome to the forum, litmom.

Here is a sentence:

"I heard the hooing and gurgling of a water-bottle bird."

What is a water-bottle bird?

Since that context is about Africa I cannot imagine it is about a bird in a cage which drinks from a water bottle.

Can it be the name of a kind of bird?

I also don't get what "hooing" and "gurgling" sound like.

Thank you so much.
Start every sentence with a capital letter.

Always tell us the source and author of any quoted text, please.

Welcome to the forum, litmom. :)

I see that the above question was asked elsewhere:

https://www.englishforums.com/English/IDntGetTheMeaning/bxmpxw/post.htm

https://grammarclassblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/22/broadcast-vs-broadcasted/

In future, please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.

Oh , I see.
I think it might be a misunderstaning. I am just puzzles with the site and I copied it a number of times. I did not know it happened.
Sorry

Oh, I see.
I think it might be a misunderstanding. I am just puzzled [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] by the site and I copied it a number of times. I did not know it had happened.
Sorry.

What was a misunderstanding? Which site is puzzling you - Using English, English Forums or Grammar Class? What did you copy? How did you not know it had happened when you were the person who did it?

Now that I have found myself here, I cannot find the page in which I got my answer.
Some nice person gave me good answers.

Uhhuh... I did not know any of them. I subscribed simultaneously at three sites. One gave me answers.

Ok, sure. Got it.

Now that I have found myself here, I cannot find the page in which I got my answer.
Some nice person gave me good answers.

Uhhuh... I did not know any of them. I subscribed simultaneously at three sites. One gave me answers.

Try both the links in post #3. I assume one of them is the site on which you got good answers. Now that we know you were happy with the answers you got on another forum, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back