Please note that I ordered 10 bigger bottle of water.

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Are the following sentences natural and correct?

Please note that I ordered 10 bigger bottle of water. They will deliver it on 15 January 2024. The supplier get paid once the payment has been settled the end of January.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Come on @output ! You can do better than that. Do we say "ten bottle" or "ten bottles". Also, we pointed out to you before that comparatives ("larger") need something to be compared to. There are other mistakes, as usual, but first I'd like you to try and fix the ones I mentioned.

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I write it again below, is it better than original one? Please give me comment.

Please note that I have ordered ten bottles of water. After that, they will deliver it on 15 January 2024. Then, we pay for a bill the end of January.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I write it again below, Is it this better than original one? Please give me some comments.

Please note that I have ordered ten (large) bottles of water. After that, They will deliver them on 15 January 2024. Then, We will pay for a the bill at the end of January.
You can use the adjective "large" if you want to.
Note also that a singular countable noun, needs a determiner (e.g. an article). That is why I wrote "... pay for the bill". If the countable noun is plural and specific, then we also need a determiner. That is why I wrote "some comments".

Take a look at the explanation in the following link, if you're interested. It explains the basic use of articles (which are one kind of determiner).

Last edited by a moderator:

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
teechar,

You told me that why I need to use article "the" is wrong in my previous posts. I consulted the dictionary immediately. I read a site and learned from it. You question, your response, made me finding a answer and how to clear my mind.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You told me that why I need to use the definite article "the" is wrong to correct the mistakes in my previous posts. I consulted the dictionary immediately. I read a the information from that site and learned from it. Your question, your response, made helped me find ing a the answer and how to cleared up the confusion. my mind.
Very good. (y)
If you really want to improve your writing skills, try to read a variety of authentic English texts. Here are some websites you might find useful: