No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You mean "No they aren't" agrees with "They are not the same", so I would think Cathy's last statement "No they aren't." has the meaning:
"My friend and the person in that picture are two different people. They are not the same person.", but in another forum I was told I can't say that. Unfortunately he didn't explain it any further. Or is this wrong and Cathy's last statement "No they aren't." has the meaning:
"My friend and the person in that picture are two different people. They are not the same person."?

This has been answered several times before. If you ignore answers time and time again, you are not looking for a relative but are trolling.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Cathy's last statement "No they aren't." has the meaning:
"My friend and the person in that picture are two different people. They are not the same person."

That's correct.

We're done. I said there was just one more opportunity to ask this question and since then, you've asked it three times.

Thread closed.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I agree with ems, and am reopening the thread just long enough to point out that those eager to continue the discussion can find it still active in at least two other forums — WordReference and EnglishForums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.