• Thread starter Frenk969
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,243
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenk969

Internet – The good and bad
What difference has the Internet made to your life?
Can you imagine life without email and the world wide web?
Write in giving your views on what you like – and hate – about being online. (220-260 words)

Is the Internet predominant in your life?

The Internet, a recent innovation, has turned into an extremely useful tool affecting our lives.
This aspect raises two interesting questions: ‘How does it affect me? And, ‘Can I make it through my day without it?’
Read below and find out.

Not many people remember how life was before The Internet spreading: nowadays, we completely entrust to it to address any issues. For instance, whether a student or a worker, it hasn’t made any difference to me: I ascribe my success in the business field to it. Having spent lots of hours surfing the Net flicking through hundreds of pages for specific info – some of which misleading – I, as many other people, can claim it’s a blessing. What’s more, it enables one to converse with foreigners, thing impossible a decade ago.

Anyway, from my experience, the only setback worth mentioning arises when one get hooked on it. There’s a slight difference between correct use and addiction. If one’s addicted, it can be hard to get him to detach from it and get back to the real world. For example, introverted people log in to seek relief and somebody who backs them up, and are therefore not able to get by themselves. So, they seem to be far more likely to come down with this addiction, which is generally described a psychological ill.

In any case, what the Internet can’t provide is humanity, meant as face-to-face conversations and interactions. That’s why I prefer to keep away from overusing it, despite being grateful for its existence. The question is: ‘Can you do it either?’

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Internet – The good and bad
What difference has the Internet made to your life?
Can you imagine life without email and the World Wide Web?
Write in [Do you know what "write in" means? Where did you find that prompt?] giving your views on what you like – and hate – about being online. (220-260 words)

Is the Internet predominant in your life?

The Internet, a relatively recent innovation, has turned into an extremely useful tool [STRIKE]affecting[/STRIKE] in our lives.
This [STRIKE]aspect[/STRIKE] raises two interesting questions: How does it affect me? And can I make it through my day without it?
Read below and find out.

Not many people remember how life was before the use of the Internet became widespread. [STRIKE]ing:[/STRIKE] Nowadays, we rely on the internet for many things. [STRIKE]completely entrust to it to address any issues.[/STRIKE] For instance, whether a student or a worker, it hasn’t made any difference to me: [That contradicts what you just said.] I ascribe my success in the business field to it. [And that contradicts the previous sentence!] Having spent [STRIKE]lots of[/STRIKE] many/countless hours surfing the Net flicking through hundreds of pages looking for specific info – some of which turned out to be [Otherwise, you're saying you were looking for misleading info!] misleading – I, as many other people, can claim it’s a blessing.
I stopped here because your writing is still unnecessarily complicated and, thus, awkward. Try to focus on the quality of the content. I mean you need to think about substance for your texts. I'll wait for your answers to my two questions at the start before commenting further.

F

Frenk969

To be honest, I don't understand why other people writings are excellent since they use basic words...I appreciate your help but I think I will be studying on my own. Receiving negative feedbacks all the time and general suggestions do not help me at all. It's as though I told you "If you are not good at playing soccer, try harder". That's ok but that is not a really practical suggestion. In other words, it's not specific about what you should do to be good at that sport, and so is your suggestion, at least from my pov.
Furthermore, I found this task over the Internet. It's not my fault if any tasks seems awkward or wrong.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Frenk

I don't think those are negative feedbacks given by teechar. I think the comments and questions are relevant, constructive and will help you to write better. You are lucky to have received help from a seasoned veteran in the art of writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.