Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
BA is a bakery chain and its full name is Bon Appétit. It has many chain stores in different shopping malls but not in my neighborhood. It turned out that it was because they were still neogtiating. Today the owner announced that they will open a chain store in my neighborhood. I wrote the sentence "BA finally settled down in my neighborhood after a 9-month negotiation".

Is my sentence natural?

Today the owner announced that they will open a chain store branch in my neighborhood. I wrote the sentence "BA finally settled down in my neighborhood after a 9-month negotiation".

Is my sentence natural?
No. "Settle down" is wrong in that sentence. It means something else. Say:
"After nine months of negotiations with the local mall, BA will finally open a branch here".

BA is a bakery chain and its full name is Bon Appétit. It has many chain stores in different shopping malls but not in my neighborhood. It turned out that it was because they were still neogtiating. Recently, they finished negotiating with my local mall and today the owner announced that they will open a chain store in my neighborhood there. I wrote the sentence "BA finally settled down opened a branch/store in my neighborhood after a 9-month negotiation".

Is my sentence natural?

Some other possibilities:

BA is finally opening here.
BA is finally coming to my (our) area.
We're finally getting a BA (branch) of our own.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back