Other
Native Language
Esperanto
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Europe
Which terms can be used here?

When building houses, ................. are much more efficient than the traditional stone-on-stone or brick-on-brick technique.

prefabs
finished parts
pre-assembled components
pre-fabricated components

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
None of the proposed terms works. The process may be more efficient, not the materials used.

J

J&K Tutoring

GoesStation: Are you suggesting that Do228 merely change technique to process? I wouldn't consider any of the proposed terms as materials. The components would be made up of perhaps many different materials.

J

J&K Tutoring

Which terms can be used here?

When building houses, ................. are much more efficient than the traditional stone-on-stone or brick-on-brick technique.

prefabs
finished parts
pre-assembled components
pre-fabricated components

1. First, you might want to identify the type of efficiency you are talking about. Is it time efficiency, energy efficiency, materials-use efficiency, or something else? Perhaps all? You may also be thinking of cost efficiency, but we wouldn't typically use efficiency to talk about saving money. Cost effective would be a good term to use in that case.

2. Stone-on-stone and brick-on-brick are practically the same thing; certainly from a grammar perspective. I suggest you broaden your scope by using 'traditional methods'.

3. I suggest: Building houses using pre-fabricated components is a more efficient than traditional methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.