Carter was standing in a queue at the hospital. He had to go and collect his report s

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Carter was standing in a queue at the hospital. He had to go and collect his report so he left the queue and went to collect his report. He didn't tell the person who was behind him that he was going neither did he see the face of that person. So when he came back he didn't know who he was standing behind or who was standing before him in the queue. So when he tried to get into the queue people thought that he was cutting in the queue. They didn't let him get in the queue.

Please check my sentences.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's far too wordy.

Carter was in a queue at the hospital when he realised he had to go and collect his report. He forgot to check who was behind him and in front of him so when he got back he couldn't remember where he had been standing. People thought he was trying to jump the queue but the other people wouldn't let him in.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
It's far too wordy.

Carter was in a queue at the hospital when he realised he had to go and collect his report. He forgot to check who was behind him and in front of him so when he got back he couldn't remember where he had been standing. People thought he was trying to jump the queue but the other people wouldn't let him in.

Can I say "He didn't know who he was standing behind in the queue" or "He didn't know who he was standing in front of in the queue"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can I say "He didn't know who he was standing behind in the queue" or "He didn't know who he was standing in front of in the queue"?

Yes, they're both correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.