Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me make the following paragraph sound natural. Thanks.

Hi, everybody! My name is Eric. I am a fifteen-year-old boy. I am a Virgo. I am very happy to be one of the members of EGRC. My classmates tell me that I am an energetic and easygoing person. It is because I'm always ready to assist others and take it calmly when something goes wrong. In addition, I am always an understanding listener when my classmates confide in me.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi everybody! My name is Eric. I am a fifteen-year-old boy. I am a Virgo, and I am very happy to be one of the members of EGRC. [What is that?] My classmates tell me that I am an energetic and easygoing person. [STRIKE]It is[/STRIKE] That's because I'm always ready to assist others, and [STRIKE]take it[/STRIKE] I calmly deal with the situation when something goes wrong. In addition, I am always an understanding listener when my classmates confide in me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I find it a little strange that your classmates have to tell you that you're energetic and easy-going. You could say "My classmates say I am energetic ..." or "My classmates tell people that I am energetic ...". I'm sure you already know that you're energetic and easygoing.

ambitious-girl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
My classmates tell me that I am an energetic and easygoing person. That's because I'm always ready to assist others

Is the following is correct as well?

My classmates tell me that I am an energetic and easygoing person, because I'm always ready to assist others

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Is the following [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] correct as well?

My classmates tell me that I am an energetic and easygoing person, because I'm always ready to assist others.
It's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.