Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
UK
Hello
I have been given an essay and I have got confused on one of the questions.
Analyse how at least five oratorical techniques have been used in the speeches by Earl Spencer and Winston Churchill The speeches are Earl Spencer's eulogy at Diana's funeral and Churchill's "this was their finest hour" speech.
I have found my self getting a bit confused between literary techniques and oratorical techniques and am a little unsure as to what exactly the teacher wants as she has not explained it well to my understanding.
Any help i will be greatly for.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello
I have been given an essay and I have got confused on one of the questions.
Analyse how at least five oratorical techniques have been used in the speeches by Earl Spencer and Winston Churchill The speeches are Earl Spencer's eulogy at Diana's funeral and Churchill's "this was their finest hour" speech.
I have found my self getting a bit confused between literary techniques and oratorical techniques and am a little unsure as to what exactly the teacher wants as she has not explained it well to my understanding.
Any help i will be greatly for.
She seems to be asking about oratorical techniques. If you've been learning about oratory or rhetoric in class, then that's what you're supposed to write about. She's not asking you to identify literary techniques like metaphors and similes, unless you think they have some rhetorical value.
You might get some clues here:
the Art of Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.