Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I am writing to you as my recent experience with you was unfortunately confusing which is really unexpected from a professional HR such as yourself.

What confused me is that you have already called me for a phone interview for the marketing director role and we went through many marketing-related topics and the interview ends with you confirming that another interview should be arranged for me with the management.

Later on, I have been informed by you that the role is put on hold for business reasons and that I will be informed once the role is opened.

Later on, and when I saw your recent post to promote the new vacancies including the position I have been interviewed for, I followed up with you and you informed me that I am overqualified.

I respect the company’s decision but I wish that the experience could not be confusing like what happened.

If I am overqualified for the marketing director role so I wonder if I can be considered for a commercial director role."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am writing [STRIKE]to you[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] because my recent experience with you was unfortunately confusing. [STRIKE]which is really unexpected from a professional HR such as yourself.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]What confused me is that[/STRIKE] On [date], you [STRIKE]have already[/STRIKE] called me for a phone interview for the marketing director role. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] We went through many marketing-related topics and the interview [STRIKE]ends[/STRIKE] ended with you confirming that another interview [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] would be arranged for me with [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] someone from the company management.

[STRIKE]Later on,[/STRIKE] On [date], I [STRIKE]have been[/STRIKE] was informed by you that the role [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] had been put on hold for business reasons and that I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would be informed once the [STRIKE]role[/STRIKE] vacancy [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] reopened.

[STRIKE]Later on, and[/STRIKE] On [date], when I saw your recent post [STRIKE]to promote the[/STRIKE] advertising some new vacancies, including the position I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] had been interviewed for, I followed up with you and you informed me that I [strike]am[/strike] was considered overqualified.

I respect the company’s decision but [STRIKE]I wish that[/STRIKE] the experience [STRIKE]could not be[/STRIKE] was confusing. [STRIKE]like what happened.[/STRIKE]

If I am overqualified for the marketing director role, [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]wonder if I can be considered[/STRIKE] would like to apply for a commercial director role. I will now start the application process for that role."

I don't know how many different ways we can tell you to stop being so confrontational and argumentative in your correspondence with these companies. You must be respectful and polite at all times, and steer clear of phrases such as "someone like you".

It's reasonable for you to point out that the company didn't follow through on their initial offer to arrange a second interview for the marking director vacancy, because this might be useful feedback for them.

I have added the final sentence because I assume that one of the advertised vacancies you mentioned was that of commercial director. If that's right, you should now apply for that job in the normal way. If that wasn't one of the advertised vacancies, you're wasting your time.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I don't know how many different ways we can tell you to stop being so confrontational and argumentative in your correspondence with these companies. You must be respectful and polite at all times, and steer clear of phrases such as "someone like you".

It's reasonable for you to point out that the company didn't follow through on their initial offer to arrange a second interview for the marking director vacancy, because this might be useful feedback for them.

I have added the final sentence because I assume that one of the advertised vacancies you mentioned was that of commercial director. If that's right, you should now apply for that job in the normal way. If that wasn't one of the advertised vacancies, you're wasting your time.

Thanks emsr2d2 for your suggestion.

If you see that I am argumentative, I will greatly appreciate it if you can help me not to be like that by editing my e-mails in a way that you see it is professional. I am sure this how I would get improved.

Could you please write my above e-mail in your own way. This really will help me a lot.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks, emsr2d2, for your suggestion.

If you see that I am being argumentative, I will greatly appreciate it if you can help [STRIKE]me not to be like[/STRIKE] to avoid that by editing my e-mails [STRIKE]in a way that you see it is[/STRIKE] to make them more professional. I am sure this how I [STRIKE]would get improved[/STRIKE] will improve.

Could you please rewrite my [STRIKE]above[/STRIKE] e-mail in your own way? This really will help me a lot.

I already rewrote it by making those corrections. No one here is going to write entire letters for you. In reality, I wouldn't write that letter at all. I'd be disappointed that the company decided I was overqualified for the initial job vacancy, and I would move on to putting all my efforts into the application for the commercial director vacancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.