Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I’m reading a book about how Earth holds off the solar wind from the sun. It says the liquid iron surrounding the core of Earth creates a magnetic field that deflects the solar wind. If Earth was born from explosion, how could the cosmo explode so perfectly? Even there is a gardian, moon, shielding Earth from meteorites, using its gravity to balance the Earth. If all of them disappear suddenly, what would happen to our planet?

It's called the magnetosphere, and you are, in effect, describing how the Aurora Borealis is produced.

I would say it's the liquid iron surrounding Earth's core. (Or the planet's core)

I'm not sure Earth was born from an explosion.

The word is "cosmos".

**guardian

You have an extra article (the)

I wouldn't worry about the moon suddenly disappearing.

Did you know that the moon is gradually moving away from us?

I’m reading a book about how Earth holds off repels the solar wind. from the sun.
You used "solar" so you don't need "from the sun". It's tautologous.
It says the liquid iron surrounding the core of Earth's core creates a magnetic field that deflects the solar wind.
It's frequently more natural to use the possessive apostrophe+s than XX of YY.
If Earth was born from the result of an explosion, how could the cosmos explode so perfectly?

Even There is a guardian, the moon, shielding Earth from meteorites, and using its gravity to balance the Earth.
I'm not really sure that's quite what the moon does but I get the gist.
If all of them disappeared suddenly, what would happen to our planet?
We'd all die equally suddenly.

A couple of centimeters a year. Or something like that.

The sun contains 99.8% of the mass of the solar system.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back