Diary - I've just read an advertisement about a treatment for near-sighted.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've just read an advertisement about a treatment for nearsightedness. It claims that if children use this machines everyday, their vision can be improved. All they need to do are sitting in front of the machine and looking at the red light for three minutes twice a day. I've been waiting for this kind of technology for ages! It's a pity that only children can benefit from it. I really hope there'll be treatments for adults so I don't need to wear my bulky glasses anymore.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
**this machine

**every day

**All they need to do is sit in front of the machine and look at the red light for three minutes twice a day.

Is it only for kids?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes. Children’s vision is reversible.😭
I think I wore glasses for a while when I was a child. (Far-sighted.) If course, it was so long ago that I can barely remember it.
😊

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've just read an advertisement about a machine/an equipment for treatment for of nearsightedness. It claims that if children use this machines the equipment every day, their vision can be improved. All they need to do are is sitting in front of the machine and looking at the red light for three minutes, twice a day. I've been waiting for this kind of technology for ages! It's a pity that only children can benefit from it. I really hope there'll be treatments for adults so I don't need to wear my bulky glasses anymore.
I would call it an equipment rather than a machine.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The word "device" would probably be okay, but "equipment" is not normally countable.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've just read seen an advertisement ("ad" or "advert" would be more natural) about for a treatment for nearsightedness. It claims that if children use this machines machine everyday every day, their vision can be improved. All they need to do are sitting is sit in front of the machine and looking look at the red light for three minutes twice a day. I've been waiting for this kind of technology for ages! It's a pity that only children can benefit from it. I really hope there'll be treatments for adults so I don't need to wear my bulky glasses anymore.