Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I just read a news article about a person having eggs of parasites in his brain causing migraines. I sometimes get migraines, and I suspect if there are any parasites in my brains. Especially last year, my mum put some incompletely cooked pork on the table and I ate it accidentally, making me more worried about getting parasites. However, a week ago, I got my blood test, and it was all fine, so I think I'm not infected.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I just read a news article about a person having parasite eggs of parasites in his brain, causing migraines. I sometimes get migraines, and I suspect if there are any parasites in my brains. Especially Last year, my mum put some incompletely undercooked pork on the table and I ate it accidentally, making which has made me more worried about getting parasites. However, a week ago, I got my the results of a blood test, and it was all fine, so I think I'm not infected.
This doesn't make sense. Why would you suspect now that you have a parasite in your brain (that's what your use of the present tense suggests) if you've already had a blood test that was fine?

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This doesn't make sense. Why would you suspect now that you have a parasite in your brain (that's what your use of the present tense suggests) if you've already had a blood test that was fine?
It’s because the blood test didn’t specify for the parasite check. I did that for other health issues. I believe the test includes some general items but I’m not sure whether it can show anything if I have parasites. Therefore, it has relieved me a bit but I’m still a little bit worried when I get migraines.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It’s because the blood test didn’t specifically check for the parasites. check. I did that it for other health issues. I believe the test includes some general items but I’m not sure whether it can would show anything if I have parasites. Therefore, it has made me feel a bit more relieved me a bit but I’m still a little bit worried when I get migraines.