Diary - I've noticed that a bumblebee has been flying into my sister's air conditioner's hole for several days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've noticed that a bumblebee has been flying into my sister's air conditioner's hole for several days. My sister hasn't been living here for a while so we haven't use the air conditioner. I usually use the hair dryer in my sister's room. A few days ago, I noticed that the bumblebee flew into the hole and then flew out the window repeatedly. I've observed it for the past few days, and I suspect the bumblebee is trying to build a nest in the hole.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've noticed that a bumblebee has been flying into in and out of my sister's air conditioner 's hole for several days. My sister hasn't been living here for a while so we haven't use the air conditioner. I usually use the hair dryer in my sister's room. A few days ago, I noticed that the bumblebee repeatedly flew flying into the hole and then flew flying out the window. repeatedly. I've observed it for over the past few days, and I suspect the bumblebee is trying to build a nest in the hole.

See above. I'm not really sure what you mean by "hole". That makes it sound as if the air conditioning unit has been removed, leaving a hole in the wall where it used to be.
What does your use of your sister's hair dryer have to do with anything?

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
See above. I'm not really sure what you mean by "hole". That makes it sound as if the air conditioning unit has been removed, leaving a hole in the wall where it used to be.
This is the hole:

231.jpg

What does your use of your sister's hair dryer have to do with anything?
It is because I saw the bumblebee many times while I was using the hair dryer.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'd call it a hole in the air conditioning unit.
You need to make the relevance of the hair dryer clearer.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
What is the difference between “air conditioner” and “air conditioning unit”?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Well, I don't have one myself but I've generally only ever referred to the whole thing as "[the] air conditioning". That refers to the entire process. The "air conditioning unit" is the actual physical box on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.