Diary - Last night, I woke up at 3 am and wanted to drink some water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Last night, I woke up at 3 am and wanted to drink some water. I turned on the tap but no water came out. Then, I went back to sleep. This morning, at around 6 am, my mother and I found that the tap water kept going out. We didn't know how long it took the water to go out. I was scared because I knew it was me that didn't turn off the tap. I hope the water fee will not be high.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Last night, I woke up at 3am and wanted to drink some [or "a drink of"] water. I turned on the tap but no water came out. Then no comma here I went back to sleep. This morning, at around 6am, my mother and I found that the tap water kept going out was running. We didn't know how long it took the water to go out it had been running. I was scared because I knew it was me that who didn't turn hadn't turned off the tap. I hope the water fee bill will not be high.

See above. I think I've understood the sequence of events correctly:

1. At 3am you turned on the tap but nothing came out. (You didn't turn the tap off.)
2. You went back to sleep.
3. At 6am, you and your mother found water coming out of the tap.
4. You didn't know what time the water supply had come back on so you didn't know how long it had been coming out of the tap you left open.
5. You were worried.

Is that right?

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
See above. I think I've understood the sequence of events correctly:

1. At 3am you turned on the tap but nothing came out. (You didn't turn the tap off.)
2. You went back to sleep.
3. At 6am, you and your mother found water coming out of the tap.
4. You didn't know what time the water supply had come back on so you didn't know how long it had been coming out of the tap you left open.
5. You were worried.

Is that right?
That's right!

Status
Not open for further replies.