Diary - Recently, I've been fascinated by myths from different countries.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, I've been fascinated by myths from different countries. I watched a lot of videos and found some common points of many stories— the world started with chaos and an entity appeared suddenly. The entity created another self and then produced their next generation. Although I think that some parts of the stories are weird, the imagination are mind-boggling. Also, there still are some elements of myths existed in our daily life. For example, I've seen a lot of times a stick with a snake on ambulances and didn't know what it represents. Now I know it's related to the god of medicine in Greek myths.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I've watched a lot of videos and noticed ....

Got to go!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Although I think that some parts of the stories are weird, it's mind-boggling how imaginative they are.

Also, there are some elements of myths that exist in our daily lives.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Recently, I've been fascinated by myths from various different countries. I've watched a lot of videos and found some common points themes of in many of the stories— the world started with chaos and an entity appeared suddenly. The entity created another self and then produced their the next generation. Although I think that some parts of the stories are weird, the imagination imaginativeness are is mind-boggling. Also, there still are some elements of myths existed that still exist in our daily life lives. For example, I've often seen a lot of times a picture of a stick with a snake on ambulances and but I didn't know what it represents. Now I know it's related to the god of medicine in Greek myths mythology.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Do I need to say “I’ve found” or “I found”?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't think "found" works there. That's why I used a different word. (Some might disagree.)

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I don't think "found" works there. That's why I used a different word. (Some might disagree.)
Do I need to add “have”?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do I need to add “have”?
What do you think is wrong with my correction, in which I put "I've watched a lot of videos and found some ..."? You don't need a word in front of "found" at all. The "I've" at the start is taken to be attached to both the verbs that come after it.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
What do you think is wrong with my correction, in which I put "I've watched a lot of videos and found some ..."? You don't need a word in front of "found" at all. The "I've" at the start is taken to be attached to both the verbs that come after it.
I see. When I saw “I have watched and found”, I was thinking whether they are “I have watched + I have found” or “I have watched + I found”.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I see. When I saw “I have watched and found”, I was WONDERING whether they are “I have watched + I have found” or “I have watched + I found”.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I see. When I saw “I have watched and found”, I was thinking wondering whether they are it was a shortened form of “I have watched + I have found” or “I have watched + I found”.
If I had felt the need to use "I found", that's what I would have written. The fact that I wrote "I've watched ... and found ..." means that I considered "I've" suitable for both.