Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
Grammar check - Discussion for my research

Hi there,

I have to create an discussion for my research. I have finished a part of it.
Could somebody help me by checking it?

Here is my document:

The accuracy of the models is the satisfactory accuracy of more than 80%. It confirms the supposition that we are able to efficiently predict learning outcomes. Through a more detailed research, the two models show significant differences. In average 40 attributes played a significant role in the success and failure rate. The best results were achieved by those parameters that were connected to the learning material or the average value of cursor distance on a curriculum page. Based on trees for Random forest methods, we could describe which were the most important features in our prediction models. As we expected the highest weight got the input test grades, after which follow the average time, mouse speed and mouse distance which spent in the whole course. The third important things were the number of clicks, and scrolls, and the number of mouse move on the page of the curriculum. As the beginning, we expected the amount of time would influence most the outcome because who take more time in the system, they would learn more. In the end, we have realized take more time in the course don’t have a considerable effect the outcome grades. On the other hand, as in the ordinary school, the number of days which spent between learning and testing has shown his effect during the evaluation process.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Re: Grammar check - Discussion for my research

The accuracy of the models is the satisfactory accuracy of more than 80%. It confirms the supposition that we are able to efficiently predict learning outcomes. Through a more detailed research, the two models show significant differences. [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE] On average, 40 attributes played a significant role in the success and failure rate. The best results were achieved by those parameters that were connected to the learning material or the average value of cursor distance on a curriculum page. Based on trees for random forest methods, we could describe which were the most important features in our prediction models. As we expected, the highest weight got the input test grades, after which followed the average time, mouse speed and mouse distance which spent in the whole course. The third important things were the number of clicks, and scrolls, and the number of mouse moves on the page of the curriculum. [STRIKE]As[/STRIKE] At the beginning, we expected the amount of time would most influence [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] the outcome because those who take more time [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] the on system [STRIKE], they[/STRIKE] would learn more. In the end, we [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] realized that taking more time in the course [STRIKE]don’t[/STRIKE] does not have a considerable effect on the outcome of grades. On the other hand, as in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] ordinary schools, the number of days [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] spent [STRIKE]between[/STRIKE] learning and testing has shown his effect during the evaluation process.

I don't understand the text highlighted in blue.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

What is satisfactory accuracy?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

The accuracy of the models is the satisfactory accuracy

This seems to contain unnecessary repetition. You could say that the models are sufficiently accurate or have reached satisfactory accuracy.

imgaboy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Thanx[/STRIKE] Thanks.

Please remember to use standard English on this forum, not textspeak or chatlish. "Thanx" is not a word. Also, bear in mind in future that there is no need to write a new post to thank anyone. Simply click on the "Thank" button in the bottom left-hand corner of any post you find helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.