Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Both of us belong to stories of different cities. Who knows maybe one day we will have been sharing the same story. And that day, while you are telling the story of your city, the Time will lose its meaning for me.

I have begun to write something and this is the fırt passage of it , Does it sound ok ?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Who knows? Maybe one day we will share the same story. And that day, while you are telling the story of your city time will lose its meaning for me.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I have begun to write something and this is the fırst passage of it. Does it sound [STRIKE]ok[/STRIKE] OK?
Hello there, and welcome to the forum. :)

What you wrote is vague. Would you care to explain it a bit using more words?
By the way, note the correct spelling of OK. You can also write okay.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's unclear whether you two might be living in the same city or not, so it's unclear how you might be sharing the same story.

Last edited by a moderator:

eMRe26

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Thank you so much for all your replies. Main idea is two lover lives in different cities and one of them expecting to meet when they come together time will lose its meaning because when you spend time with a beloved person time pases so quickly. 😂😂😂 I know it's weird but writing is perfect way to build this language in my mind and ı always wonder how sound is it for native speakers 😄😄

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you so much for all your replies. The main idea is that two lovers live in different cities, and one of them is expecting to meet the other. When they come together, time will lose its meaning because when you spend time with a beloved person time passes so quickly. I know it's weird, but writing is the perfect way for me to [STRIKE]build this language[/STRIKE] consolidate my knowledge of English in my mind, and I always wonder how sound is it for native speakers

[STRIKE] Both of us belong to stories of[/STRIKE] We live in different cities. Who knows, maybe one day we will [STRIKE]have been sharing[/STRIKE] share the same story. And that day, while you are telling the story of your city, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] time will lose its meaning for me.

I don't understand the underlined part.

Status
Not open for further replies.