Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi,
which tense should be used in essay writing? is essay should be in passive voice as i have red my articles and essays of many people written in passive voice?
kindly guide me in this regard. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to write essay for CSS. what would you say?

Hi,
Which tense should be used in essay writing? ​They tend to use the present tense a lot, but most essays use more than one tense.

Should essays be in passive voice​? ​I have re​ad m​any articles and ​essays written in passive voice​.

​Please guide me in this regard. ​Thanks​.

1. ALWAYS start sentences with capital letters.

2. ALWAYS capitalize the word I.

3. Sentences are in active or passive voice. Essays are not. Essays are made of sentences whose voices will vary throughout the essay.

4. Active voice is generally stronger, clearer, and more concise. But passive voice is often useful, too.

Marvel123, whatever choices you have made in the past, we are not in the habit here of encouraging learners to cheat. Any essay a learner submits must be their own work.

Marvel, please read this extract from the Posting Guidelines:

You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly in your post.

I think, that's the personal choice. You cannot know all the circumstances of his deed.
But of course, it is easy to judge without the full understanding.

I think, that's the personal choice. You cannot know all the circumstances of his deed.
But of course, it is easy to judge without the full understanding.

The rules are simple- if it's cheating, it's cheating. Getting someone else to do your work is cheating, and always has been.

The rules are simple- if it's cheating, it's cheating. Getting someone else to do your work is cheating, and always has been.

Encouraging people to cheat leads members to be banned? With honors, I want to know the reason why Marvel was banned. It's none of my business, though. :-|

Thanks for making me clear about the reason. :)

Encouraging people to cheat leads members to be banned? With [STRIKE]honors[/STRIKE]respect, I want to know the reason why Marvel was banned. It's none of my business, though. :-|

Thanks for [STRIKE]making me clear about [/STRIKE] clarifying the reason. :)

I'll leave it to a moderator to choose whether or not to answer your question, but see my corrections on how to ask your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back