Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Few years ago a palm reader told a girl that she would get married again. That girl was a divorcee and had a kid but she didn't want to get married again at all. That palm reader told her that she would definitely get married and the person she would get married to would have lost his father in his childhood. He also told her that she would have two kids one boy and one girl. She already had a son. After a few years she got married to a person whose father had died in his childhood and she gave birth to a girl as well.

Could you please check my sentences?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
A few years ago, a palm reader foretold a girl that she would get married again. That girl was a divorcee and had a kid but she didn't want to get married again at all. That palm reader told her that she would definitely get married and the person she would get married to would have lost his father in his childhood. He also told her that she would have two kids, one boy and one girl. She already had a son. After a few years, she got married to [STRIKE]a person[/STRIKE] someone whose father had died in his childhood and she later gave birth to a girl as well.

Could you please check my sentences?

Lynxear

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
A few years ago, a palm reader foretold a girl that she would get married again.

I don't believe "foretold" is used properly in this sentence. I would also use "the" before girl since we are talking about a specific girl here.

A few years ago, a palm reader foretold that the girl would get married again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.