Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"Have you ever been cruel?"

Is the above sentence grammatically correct?
Is the above sentence an active voice or a passive voice?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Piscean

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Europe
Current Location
Czech Republic
Is the above sentence an active voice or a passive voice?
As I told you earlier today in another thread "If the verb is constructed with part of BE (or GET) with the past participle (third form) of the main verb it is passive. Otherwise it is active.". The situation hasn't changed since then.

Last edited:
Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
As I told you earlier today in another thread "If the verb is constructed with part of BE (or GET) with the past participle (third form) of the main verb it is passive. Otherwise it is active.". The situation hasn't changed since then.
Sir, Don't be annoyed. I'm learning diligently. I'm a non-native speaker. It'll take some time.
Thanks for your patience and coordination. @Piscean

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sir, Don't refer to users here as "Sir". It's overly formal and suggests you assume the person is male. That's not necessarily the case.

Don't be annoyed. I'm learning diligently. I'm a non-native speaker. It'll take some time. We understand that but we expect learners to read our advice carefully and learn from it.

Thanks for your patience and coordination. I think you might mean "co-operation" there. "Coordination" is definitely the wrong word.