Ever been to any English clubs in Chongqing...

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Last night in my English club, I talked with a girl who came back form Australia last Dec. It was my first time to meet her. After talking with her for a while, knowing that she just came back from Aus. I asked her the above question. There are many English clubs in Chongqing so I was wondering if she had been to some others.

Have you ever been to any English clubs in Chongqing since you came back from Australia?

I think the question is perfectly natural. May I have your opinion?

PeterCW

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The answer to the question could only be "yes" as you are both in one of the Englush clubs already.

In this situation I would say "... any of the other English clubs....".

The question taken in isolation is perfectly natural and there are other scenarios where you would phrase it in that way.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Last night, in at my English club, I talked with a girl who came back form from Australia last December. It was my first time to meet the first time I had met her. After talking with her for a while, knowing that she just came back from Australia, I asked her the above question below. There are many English clubs in Chongqing so I was wondering if she had been to some any others.

Have you ever been to any other English clubs in Chongqing since you came back from Australia?

I think the question is perfectly natural. May I have your opinion?
See above. Don't use "ever" and "since".

Have you ever been to any other English clubs in Chongqing? (That means "ever in your entire life".)
Have you been to any other English clubs ... since you came back from Australia? (That limits it to the time since she returned.)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Silver. note that your thread title only works as a question if you add a question mark at the end.