Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
If I want to say that someone wasn't injured while working then what do I need to say?

Please check the following:

1) He wasn't injured during his shift.

2) He wasn't injured during working hours.

3) He wasn't injured at the work place.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If I want to say that someone wasn't injured while working, [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] what do I need to say? [STRIKE]Please check the following:[/STRIKE]

1) He wasn't injured during his shift. :tick:
2) He wasn't injured during working hours. :tick:
3) He wasn't injured at the workplace. :cross:

Please note all of my corrections above.

It's not common to make a point of saying that someone wasn't injured while they were working. I assume someone has suggested/claimed that they were injured while working. Is that what happened? You really must give us more context in your threads.

Sentence 1 works as long as whoever is reading it knows where and when his shift was.
Sentence 2 works as long the location isn't important but the time is.
Sentence 3 doesn't really work because someone can be at their workplace without actually working (ie they could be there outside of their working hours).

If this is to do with an insurance claim, as so many of your threads are, I imagine there is some relevant legal terminology that should be used. For example, "The injury sustained by the claimant was not sustained during the course of his/her normal employment" or something like that!

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's not common to make a point of saying that someone wasn't injured while they were working. I assume someone has suggested/claimed that they were injured while working.
They're establishing whether a workplace injury was involved in a patient's condition.

Tufguy, you should express this the other way around. Say that his injury didn't occur at work.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If I want to say that someone wasn't injured while working then what do I need to say?

Please check the following:

1) He wasn't injured during his shift.

2) He wasn't injured during working hours.

3) He wasn't injured at the work place.

These sound like people are expected to be injured at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.