I am staying with my parents for two week and then I am visiting my granny.

Vladv1

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
If I have two planned events in the future, is it possible to say "I am staying with my parents for two weeks" and "I am staying with my parents for two weeks and then I am visiting my granny". And could the same two sentences be used with "I am going to stay" instead of the present continuous?

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
If I have two planned events in the future, is it possible to say "I am staying with my parents for two weeks" and "I am staying with my parents for two weeks and then I am visiting my granny".

Yes, very good. This is the use of the present continuous to talk about arrangements. It means that you've already arranged this with your parents and granny.

And could the same two sentences be used with "I am going to stay" instead of the present continuous?

No. If you did that, you'd be presenting the actions as intentions instead of arrangements.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If I have two planned events in the future, is it possible to say "I am staying with my parents for two weeks" and "I am staying with my parents for two weeks and then I am visiting my granny". And Also, could the same two sentences be used with "I am going to stay" instead of the present continuous?
Note my changes above. Don't try to start sentences with "And". You had two instances of two spaces between words.

Note that "I am staying with my parents for two weeks" doesn't, on its own, express the future. It could be said any time from the day of arrival at your parents' house until the day before you leave.