I can guarantee you that the battery is not dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
I’ve been talking to a client and told her that we are willing to change its batteries since it’s not compatible with the country’s electricity, its damaging the internal components of the battery so she got scared. I’m replying on her concern.Could someone please assist me with the following email?

I can guarantee you that the battery is not dangerous.It's all about a calibration program, not a risky situation. At your mother's house, the pv system is operating flawlessly.
What I meant in my previous emails that we might step in after installation to upgrade a firmware to improve battery performance, especially given that the electricity in Lebanon isn't well the voltage is dropping to 170 v which deteriorate the intern electronic components of the battery and the system stops working. Again, the battery will never explode; the explosion stories you've heard are from a low-cost Chinese battery. Sunlight batteries are European standards that meet safety requirements.

Concerning the incident that occurred on your property yesterday, we are investigating and will provide you with a complete report.Fortunately, no one was hurt, and please keep in mind that we are not pinpoint anyone on what happened yesterday and we are of course insured on-site.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't know what "its" refers to in the first sentence.

"It's damaging the internal components of the battery."

What does "It" refer to?

Last edited:

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
I don't know what "its" refers to in the first sentence.

"It's damaging the internal components of the battery."

What does "It" refer to?
The low voltage coming from the grid

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Joj You probably should be clearer about what you're talking about.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You can guarantee something does not mean you will.

...the electricity in Lebenon isn't well stable

the voltage is dropping would drop to 170V, which deteriorate would damage the intern electronic components of the battery and the system stops working.

Reactions: Joj

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
I assure you that the battery is completely safe .It's all about a calibration optimization procedure. Even at your mother's house, the pv system is working perfectly.
What I meant in my previous emails was that we will intervene after the batteries are installed in Amchit to optimize battery performance, especially given that electricity in Lebanon isn't always stable, which could harm the internal electronic components of the battery and cause the system to shut down. Sunlight (the manufacturer of the lithium-ion batteries) is attempting to improve battery performance to make it more compliant with Lebanon's electrical standards. Again, the battery will never explode; the explosion stories you've heard are related to a low-cost Chinese battery. Sunlight batteries are European standards that meet safety requirements.

Concerning the incident that occurred on your property yesterday, we are investigating and will provide you with a complete report. Fortunately, no one was hurt, and please note that we are not blaming anyone for what happened yesterday, and we are, of course, covered on-site.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I assure you that the battery is completely safe .It's all about a calibration optimization procedure. Even at your mother's house, the PV system is working perfectly.
What I meant in my previous emails was that we will intervene after the batteries are installed in Amchit to optimize battery performance, especially given that electricity in Lebanon isn't reliable, which could harm the internal electronic components of the battery and cause the system to shut down. Sunlight (the manufacturer of the lithium-ion batteries) is attempting to improve battery performance to make it more compliant with Lebanon's electrical standards. Again, the battery will never explode; the explosion stories you've heard are related to a low-cost Chinese battery. Sunlight batteries meet European standards for safety.
I wouldn't mention blame at all. Even bringing it up suggests that it's at least possible somebody should be blamed. (It was an accident.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I realize this one is getting old, but I recommend that you say, "The battery is not dangerous" rather than the wordier version.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I think "not dangerous" is not very reassuring. If you are confident enough, say "completely safe".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'd say upgrade the firmware.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think "not dangerous" is not very reassuring. If you are confident enough, say "completely safe".
They need to have an emoji for "I wish I had thought of that". 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.