Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Please explain the meaning of these sentences? Are these grammatically correct or not? These are so confusing.

1. I don't want to see any more posts which are submitted claiming that Rahim is a thief.

2. I don't want to see any more posts being submitted claiming that Rahim is a thief.

3. I don't want to see any more posts to be submitted claming that Rahim is a thief.

4. I don't want to see any more posts which are being submitted claiming that Rahim is a thief.

5. I don't want any more posts which are being submitted claiming that Rahim is a thief.

6. I don't want any more posts being submitted claiming that Rahim is a thief.

7. I don't want any more posts to be submitted claming that Rahim is a thief.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think this list of questions belongs in its own thread so I'm going to delete the post in the other thread and close it.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't know see why you want to make things so complicated. Say:

I don't want to see any more posts claiming Rahim is a thief.

(Frankly, the "submitted" part makes no sense to me.)

Last edited:

Dukul12345

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
I don't know why you want to make things so complicated. Say:

I don't want to see any more posts claiming Rahim is a thief.

(Frankly, the "submitted" part makes no sense to me.)

Please don't mind "Tahreel". I have read previous post of "Ador" and you have said it there also, but the only reason of posting and complicating it to think it more complicatedly.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please don't mind, "Tahreel". I have read previous post of "Ador" and you have said it there also, but the only reason of posting and complicating it to think it more complicatedly.
That barely intelligible, garbled comment, Dukul, is evidence that you need to be thinking about simplifying sentences—not complicating them. Life's too short.

(At least get Tarheel's name right, please.)

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Since you wrote all 7 of those sentences, they were obviously supposed to have the same meaning, and therefore do not need to be explained. Some of them are grammatical and some aren't but that doesn't matter—read the other thread again.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please don't mind me, Tarheel. I have read previous posts of Ador, and you have said it there, also. The only reason for my posting complicated sentences is to help me use more complicated English.
We have a saying in the English-speaking world: You have to learn to walk before you can run.

As everyone above is trying to explain, your long sentences are not good. That's understandable, because you're just a beginner at speaking English, and you're eager to learn. We all appreciate your zeal.

If you master simple sentences, you will be able to move on to more complex ones. But if you skip the basics, your long sentences will never be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.