Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello, I am not sure about the use of "in the fields of". Can I use Ving+noun after "in the fields of". Example: I participated some studies in the fields of preparation of X systems, designing Y, .."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Simplify your sentence, and note that "participate" is intransitive (no object). Also, instead of using "X" and "Y", give us a real sentence. That would help us give you a more accurate/meaningful answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Gissem, I have changed your thread title. Titles should be unique, relevant to the thread, and include some/all of of the words/phrases you are asking us about. Titles such as "Please check my sentence" are useless.

Gissem

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Simplify your sentence, and note that "participate" is intransitive (no object). Also, instead of using "X" and "Y", give us a real sentence. That would help us give you a more accurate/meaningful answer.

Okay I changed it. Can you check these sentences? "I involved in some lab studies on the preparation of smart particles, the development of therapeutic carriers, and the design of targeted particles." or " I involved in some lab studies in the fields of the preparation of smart particles, the development of therapeutic carriers, and the design of targeted particles."
Are these true grammatically? and Which one is the best to use?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"I involved in ..." is wrong. You need another word, and it goes before "involved". Can you work out what it is?

Gissem

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
"I involved in ..." is wrong. You need another word, and it goes before "involved". Can you work out what it is?

I got involved ... or I was involved? But I think got involved is better than the other one.

Gissem

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey

By the way, is there any unnecessary "the" in the sentences?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I got involved ... or I was involved? But I think got involved is better than the other one.

"got involved" sounds far too casual for scientific writing. I'd use either "I was involved in" or "I have been involved in ...".

Status
Not open for further replies.