Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Today I went to an ancient town in my city. I took many pictures and shared them in my online English club. Someone asked why I sent so many pictures (along with explanation), I said "I want the foreigners in our group to know more about our culture". There are some foreigners in our online group (an English club). Is my italic sentence natural?

Today I went to an ancient town in my city. I took many pictures and shared them [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] with my online English club. Someone asked why I had sent so many pictures (along with an explanation). I said "I want the foreigners in our group to know more about our culture". There are some foreigners in our online group (an English club). Is my italic sentence natural?

Your italic sentence is OK. Please note my corrections to the rest of your post. Note that having a town in a city is rather unusual. I almost marked it as wrong, but then I realised that some people who live within London (a city), can and do refer to their large local area as a town. In the rest of the country, it's not common. A large conurbation is usually either a town or a city.

Old quarter of my city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back