Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hi teachers,

Which one of the following sentences can be said by a waiter after he took an order? Can you please tell me which one natural is?

1)I will prepare your order immediately.
2)Your order will be prepared immediately.(Is this more kindly than first sentence?)

Hi teachers,

Which one of the following sentences can be said by a waiter after he takes an order? Can you please tell me which one is natural?

2)Your order will be prepared immediately.(Is this more kindly than first sentence?)

#2 is better.

#2 is better.

Thanks for your answer and corrected my question grammatically. I am confused about the place of 'is'.

Do you know who he is? ( I think this is correct. 'is' is at the end of the sentence.)
Can you tell me which one is natural? ( I didn't understand why 'is' isn't at the end of the sentence.)

Can you please explain it?

I agree with bhai. The waiter does not usually prepare the food.

Hi teachers,

Which one of the following sentences can be said by a waiter after he took an order? Can you please tell me which one natural is?

It would be more natural to say "We will prepare your order immediately."

Look up active voice and passive voice. Both are good, both formally and conversationally, but active voice is generally considered stronger.

There is nothing wrong with the passive voice there. I prefer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back