Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hey guys,

Im new on "usingenglish.com" but I'm glad i have found a forum like "usingenglish.com".

It's like five years ago, I wrote an essay in school, as a result i have to struggle with writing an essay. I would be really happy, if someone has got some time and pleasure to read my essay and give me some ideas. I personally thing, my biggest problem is the sentence structure!?!?! I know how to build a sentence but when the sentence become more complicated I start to struggle.

This is not my homework. I really want to improve my english and in my opinion, the best way to learn just by DOING. I would be an asset , if somebody could check my writing skills. :)

As computers are being used more an more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom.

In the 21 century, computers play a bigger and bigger role in education. Nowadays every classroom has got a computer thus replace the teacher.

In today's world, the computer became more and more important in our life. They can do million of thing but I totally disagree with the argument that computers can replace the role of a teacher. Furthermore, a teacher adduce youth discipline and manners.

At the present day, we use computers in every situation. To give an example; we use it in school for a research on a topic. Earlier people have to went to the library and read several of books for a research on a topic. In fact, students can save a lot of time. Therefore it is helpful to contribute a computer in every classroom.

Indeed, the computer has no feelings and it is not smart enough to teach students discipline and manners. Teachers has an important impact on youth. Accordingly, teachers teach students manners for their future life. Moreover, students need somebody to talk or discuss. As an example, when a student does not agree with the answer the computer gave, he wants to discuss this answer with the teacher or maybe he has got some issues in life and wants to talk to someone expect the parents.

In conclusion, the computer has a lot of benefits but in my opinion, it will never replace the role of a teacher. Moreover, I think they should never try to replace the role of a teacher. In fact, they can not feel like a teacher also every student is an individual an has to handle like one.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hey guys,

I'm new on [STRIKE]"usingenglish.com"[/STRIKE] Using English but I'm glad I have found [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the forum. [STRIKE]like "usingenglish.com".[/STRIKE]

It's [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] about five years [STRIKE]ago,[/STRIKE] since I last wrote an essay in school. As a result, I [STRIKE]have to[/STRIKE] struggle with writing an essay. I would be really happy (no comma here) if someone has got some time [STRIKE]and pleasure[/STRIKE] to read my essay and give me some ideas. I [STRIKE]personally[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]thing[/STRIKE] think (no comma here) my biggest problem is [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] sentence structure. [STRIKE]!?!?![/STRIKE] I know how to build a sentence but when the sentence becomes more complicated, I start to struggle.

This is not my homework. I really want to improve my English and, in my opinion, the best way to learn is just by DOING. I would be [STRIKE]an asset ,[/STRIKE] grateful if somebody could check my writing skills. :)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

I don't have time to look at your essay at the moment but, for the time being, please note my corrections to the first half of your post. I'm sure someone will have time for your essay soon.

DenisRu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Thank you so far. I appreciate that you found the time to correct my first part. :lol:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi DenisRu,

I think at this stage that you are attempting something too difficult for you. How long have you been learning English? Have you had a teacher? How badly do you need an IELTS score? I'm not an IELTS marker, but this is worth about 3. What score are you hoping for?

Someone might find the time to correct you (every sentence has errors), but I think you would learn more by going over it and correcting simple mistakes like 'an' for 'and', and subject verb mistakes like "Teachers has". The number of mistakes that emsr2d2 has corrected in your introduction is an indication that you are not ready to write essays like this.

You might learn quicker by giving us shorter paragraphs of one or two sentences to correct first. I'm not trying to discourage you - only trying to encourage you to start more simply, and work up to something of this complexity. We can help you.

DenisRu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany

How long have you been learning English?
I have learned English in school but its about five years ago. Sadly, i forgot a lot of things.

Have you had a teacher? I had a teacher at school but the last 2 years I just tried to learn English by myself.

How badly do you need an IELTS score? I need a score of 6.5...

...but I think you would learn more by going over it and correcting simple mistakes like 'an' for 'and', and subject verb mistakes like "Teachers has".

Let me start :)

In the 21 century, computers [STRIKE]play[/STRIKE] plays a bigger and bigger role in education. Nowadays, every classroom has got a computer thus replace the teacher.

In today's world, the computer became more and more important in our life. They can do million of [STRIKE]thing[/STRIKE] things but I totally disagree with the argument that computers can replace the role of a teacher. Furthermore, [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] teachers adduce youth discipline and manners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
How badly do you need an IELTS score? I need a score of 6.5... So, you have a bit of work to do. Let's hope that you're just a bit rusty.

In the 21st century, computers play a bigger and bigger role in education. Nowadays, every classroom has [STRIKE]got[/STRIKE] a computer, which replaces the teacher.

In today's world, the computer has become more and more important in our lives. They can do a million [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] things but I totally disagree with the argument that computers can replace the role of a teacher. Furthermore, teachers adduce youth discipline and manners.
'has' is better than 'has got' here.
If you are going to start a sentence with 'They', your previous sentence should say "computers have become ..."
"Adduce" isn't the right word.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'm not an IELTS marker, but this is worth about 3. What score are you hoping for?

I need a score of 6.5...

This essay would score a lot higher than Band 3. I'd give it a minimum of 5.0.

To get a score of 6.5 you're going to have to improve your grammar and vocabulary considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.