if we kept developing machines (artificial intelligence) at a rate we are doing at th

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Scientists say that if we kept developing machines (artificial intelligence) at a rate we are doing at the moment, we would be no more intelligent than the pet cats in front of them few years from now.

Please check my sentences.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Scientists say that if we [STRIKE]kept[/STRIKE] keep developing [STRIKE]machines[/STRIKE] Artificial Intelligence at [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the rate we are doing at the moment, we [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] will be no more intelligent than the pet cats in front of them a few years from now.

Please check my sentences.

See above. I don't know what you mean by "in front of them". Who does "them" refer to? Are the pet cats in front of the scientists? Are the pet cats in front of the robots?

"Machines" aren't the same as "Artificial Intelligence". Were the scientists talking about machines, robots or AI?

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Are these the same scientists who think Mars is a suitable planet for colonisation - despite the absence of water?

Where are you getting this stuff from?

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
See above. I don't know what you mean by "in front of them". Who does "them" refer to? Are the pet cats in front of the scientists? Are the pet cats in front of the robots?

"Machines" aren't the same as "Artificial Intelligence". Were the scientists talking about machines, robots or AI?

Them refers to advanced machines. Robots with artificial intelligence.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Are these the same scientists who think Mars is a suitable planet for colonisation - despite the absence of water?

Where are you getting this stuff from?

Scientists were saying that there could be water there.

Thanks and like buttons are not working. So sorry for not acknowledging your efforts. Thank you for the help.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"Them" refers to advanced machines and/or robots with artificial intelligence.

Scientists are saying (or "have said" if they're not saying it anymore) that there could be water there.

The "Thank" and "Like" buttons are not working (no comma here) so I'm sorry for not acknowledging your efforts. Thank you for the help.

Advanced machines (which doesn't really mean anything) and robots with AI are different things. Why would either one have pet cats sitting in front of them?

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Advanced machines (which doesn't really mean anything) and robots with AI are different things. Why would either one have pet cats sitting in front of them?

I wanted to say that humans will be like pet cats in front of them (I mean compared to them).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
So actually it has nothing to do with anything sitting in front of anything. Are you simply suggesting that AI robots will eventually be so intelligent that human intelligence will be comparable to that of a pet cat (when compared to the AI)?

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
So actually it has nothing to do with anything sitting in front of anything. Are you simply suggesting that AI robots will eventually be so intelligent that human intelligence will be comparable to that of a pet cat (when compared to the AI)?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.