In my opinion, art is important because ...

Anna232

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I divided my response why it is important to study art in our time into different parts. I tried to correct them myself. I didn't change the third sentence. Are my corrections right? I didn't change *expand vision*. I left the parts that I think are correct.

1.In my opinion art is important because it expands our vision of life and allows us to better understand other people.
In my opinion art is important because it expands our vision of life and allows us to understand other people better.
2. Also, art dips us in wonderful world of beauty . We can see the results of imagination of other people.

Also, art dips us *into* *a* wonderful world of beauty. We can see the results of imagination of other people.

3.Art has been one of the biggest parts of people's life at all times.
4.It is important to contunue art development in our time.

It is important to contunue the development of art in our time.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dips into".

**people's lives

I'm not sure what you mean by #4.

You can say it's your opinion if you like. (Who else's opinion would it be if not yours?)

I divided my response to the question "Why it is it important to study art in our time?" into different parts. I tried to correct them myself. I didn't change the third sentence. Are my corrections right? I didn't change "expand vision". I left the parts that I think are correct.

1. In my opinion art is important because it expands our vision of life and allows us to better understand other people.
Revised: In my opinion art is important because it expands our vision of life and allows us to understand other people better.

2. Also, art dips us in wonderful world of beauty. We can see the results of imagination of other people.
Revised: Also, art dips us into a wonderful world of beauty. We can see the results of imagination of other people.

3. Art has been one of the biggest parts of people's life at all times.

4. It is important to continue art development in our time.
Revised: It is important to continue the development of art in our time.
Please note my various corrections above. You seem to have a problem with spacing. Sometimes you have two or three spaces between words. You also failed to put a space after the full stop after the number in the numbered list.

1. You need a comma after "opinion". I don't know what "our vision of life" means. Perhaps you mean "our understanding/interpretation of our existence" or similar.
2. As you already know, "dips us into" is wrong. You said you meant "immerse". You should have used that. Use "other people's imagination" at the end.
3. This is an awkward sentence. Try "Art has been a big part of people's lives throughout history".
4. Take care with your spelling. You misspelled "continue" twice. When you say "in our time", do you mean "in the 21st century"? What do you mean by "the development of art"?

The term "immerse in" might have more meaning to me if you went into more detail. (This is from somebody who is definitely not an art expert.) I have the same thing to say about "the development of art". I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if you went into more detail that might help.

Please note my various corrections above. You seem to have a problem with spacing. Sometimes you have two or three spaces between words. You also failed to put a space after the full stop after the number in the numbered list.

1. You need a comma after "opinion". I don't know what "our vision of life" means. Perhaps you mean "our understanding/interpretation of our existence" or similar.
Yes, that's what I mean. So "vision" doesn't work, does it?
2. As you already know, "dips us into" is wrong. You said you meant "immerse". You should have used that. Use "other people's imagination" at the end.
3. This is an awkward sentence. Try "Art has been a bit part of people's lives throughout history".
Sorry, what do you mean by "a bit part"?

4. Take care with your spelling. You misspelled "continue" twice. When you say "in our time", do you mean "in the 21st century"?
Yes. I mean in the 21st century. Is it wrong to use in our time?
What do you mean by "the development of art"?
I mean the devepolment of art as a field. Would it work?

The term "immerse in" might have more meaning to me if you went into more detail.
By saying "Also, art immerses us into a wonderful world of beauty. We can see the results of imagination of other people". I mea it takes us into that magical world. If that makes sense.
(This is from somebody who is definitely not an art expert.) I have the same thing to say about "the development of art". I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if you went into more detail that might help.
I mean its development as a field.

Do they sound right?

Last edited:
You still haven't answered my question. I repeat: what are you responding to?

You still haven't answered my question. I repeat: what are you responding to?
It is not really a question. I am sharing my opinion why it is important to teach art at school. Here many people think that subjects like art or litetature are a waste of time.

1. In my opinion, art is important because it expands broadens our vision of perspective(s) in life and allows us to better understand other people.

2. Also, art dips immerses us in the wonderful world of beauty. We can see the results of imagination of other people's imagination.

3.Art has been one of the biggest parts of people's life at all times.
See suggestion by emsr2d2 above (bit part was a typo. It's meant to be big part).
4. It is important to continue supporting art development in our time.
Is that what you mean?

By saying "Also, art immerses us into a wonderful world of beauty. We can see the results of THE imagination of other people". I meaN it takes us into that magical world. If that makes sense.

I mean its development as a field.

Do they sound right?
The first explanation is somewhat helpful. With the second explanation you simply repeat yourself. Assume that I am not an art expert and that I don't know what "its development as a field" means.

Sorry, what do you mean by "a bit part"?
Sorry, that was a typo. It should have said "a big part" and I've fixed it now.

Yes, that's what I mean. So "vision" doesn't work, does it?
No, it doesn't.
Yes. I mean in the 21st century. Is it wrong to use "in our time"?
It's not grammatically incorrect; it's just not entirely clear.
I mean the development of art as a field. Would it work?
In what way is art developing? Why do you think it's important? Be more clear.
By saying "Also, art immerses us into in a wonderful world of beauty. We can see the results of imagination of other people's imagination". I mean it takes us into that magical world, if that makes sense.
If the painting/artwork we're looking at is "magical" and is clearly from someone's imagination, then that's fine. However, what about portraits and landscapes (real people and real places)?

No, it doesn't.

It's not grammatically incorrect; it's just not entirely clear.

In what way is art developing? Why do you think it's important? Be more clear.

I will use "supporting" instead. I mean encouraging children to study it at school. I understand the importance of science subjects, but the arts are just as important. That's what I meant when I used "develop". But it's wrong anyway to use "develop" instead of "support" in my sentence. Native speakers don't use it that way, do you? I mean when you talk about "developing" of a particular field.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back