John and Lucy often have a winter holiday. They like (the) snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewedfrost

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
John and Lucy often have a winter holiday. They like (the) snow.

Hello! I'd like to ask for your help. I've already tried to search for some advice somewhere else in the net; I'm wondering if "the" is correct, optional or wrong.
Thanks a lot beforehand!

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Optional in that context.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'd like to ask for your help. I've already tried to search for some advice somewhere else in the net; .
You actually asked in WordReferenceForums and had already received several useful answers before posting here.

Please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.
(teechar)

dewedfrost

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I apologise myself; I didn't mean to seem impolite. I really appreciate both your help and the advice given by the other forum.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I apologise; [STRIKE]myself;[/STRIKE] I didn't mean to seem impolite. I really appreciate both your help and the advice given [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] on the other forum.

emsr2d2

Status
Not open for further replies.