Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes? I am not sure if my last sentence sounds natural.

Kevin had been drinking all evening and, in the morning, he was hungover. Lying on the bed, his mind in a daze, he suddenly remembered he had to go to an audition for a new TV series in a few hours. He had been before to a few auditions, and mostly failed, even though he was sober. This time he was convinced he would fail again, but the alcohol seemed to have a salutary effect on his acting. He didn't have butterflies or inhibitions, and the director seemed to be enjoying himself. When he received a callback, and the voice informed him that he had passed, Kevin was overwhelmed with happiness. He had finally discovered the beneficial use of a hangover in his acting.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Have I made any mistakes? I am not sure if my last sentences sounds natural.

Kevin had been drinking all evening and, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] the following morning, he was hungover. Lying on the bed, his mind in a daze, he suddenly remembered he had to go to an audition for a new TV series in a few hours. He had been before to a few auditions, and mostly failed, even though he was sober. This time he was convinced he would fail again, but the alcohol seemed to have a salutary effect on his acting. He didn't have butterflies or inhibitions, and the director seemed to be enjoying himself. When he received a callback, and the voice informed him that he had passed, Kevin was overwhelmed with happiness. He had [STRIKE]finally[/STRIKE] discovered [STRIKE]the beneficial use of[/STRIKE] that a hangover can be useful in his acting career.
I take it you know the difference between "lying in bed" and "lying on the bed", right?

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
"Lying in bed" means that you are lying in bed under some kind of cover, like a duvet or a blanket. "Lying on the bed" means that you are lying above the bed without covering yourself in something.

Status
Not open for further replies.