Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
When talking about why it's important to learn English does my text sound natural? Especially the parts marked by asterisks. By "most of the world" I mean "by most people" but not in a particular country.

I agree that everyone should know English. It is an international language spoken *by most of the world*. I think *in our time* for getting a good job and development you need to know English. *Knowing* English you will feel more confident in this world. I think everyone should know the international language. You will be able to understand the original texts of films.
All documentation for computers is mostly in English. So those who study IT need it too.
With the knowledge of English, you have *more open doors.*
*Knowing English* you will be able to meet people around the world.
If you decide to study in a foreign country like me, then you will not succeed without English.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try: "I think everyone should learn English."

I wouldn't use "I agree" there because it suggests that you have the same opinion as somebody else.

I would say it is a language that it used worldwide. (Seven African countries have English as an official language. Amazing!) You will find English speakers in India, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Malaysia (to name a few).

Perhaps: "In this day and age to get a good job you have to know English.' (While I don't necessarily agree with that, it certainly doesn't hurt.)

Status
Not open for further replies.