Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hey guys, I need help with a sample I have in one of my song, since i'm going to make a lyrics video and, well, I have to know what he's saying :-D

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1WgnXRlt9Qf

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can you not understand any of it?! We expect learners to make their own attempt first so please post a transcript of the words you can understand, leaving spaces for the words you can't make out, and we'll try to help you.

ciochi

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Can you not understand any of it?! We expect learners to make their own attempt first so please post a transcript of the words you can understand, leaving spaces for the words you can't make out, and we'll try to help you.

Of course I can. It sounds to me "what I drop down in a boosted chest ", but I can't give no meaning to it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It sounds to me like "Put the drunk/trunk down in a busted chest". Admittedly, that makes no sense at all but I don't listen to that kind of "music" at all so perhaps it makes sense to someone who does!

By the way, every instance of the word "I" should have been capitalised in post #1, not just two of them.

ciochi

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
It sounds to me like "Put the drunk/trunk down in a busted chest". Admittedly, that makes no sense at all but I don't listen to that kind of "music" at all so perhaps it makes sense to someone who does!

By the way, every instance of the word "I" should have been capitalised in post #1, not just two of them.

Well, that's the mobile keyboard with auto-correct in Italian instead of English.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Then you'll have to override it.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It sounds to me like "Put the drunk/trunk down in a busted chest".

That's what I thought, though there's no /t/ at the end of chest, but chess makes even less sense.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
That's what I thought, though there's no /t/ at the end of chest, but chess makes even less sense.

In the rapper's dialect, "chest" is pronounced like ​chess.

Status
Not open for further replies.