Many inventory management platforms include barcoding systems as a common feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxxx45

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
I have a question about the following text:
Many inventory management platforms include barcoding systems as a common feature. When an employee scans a product in or out, inventory levels are automatically updated.

Is it correct to say that an employee scans a product in or out? I assume that if an employee scans a product in, the product is added to the warehouse. And if an employee scans a product out, the product is removed from the warehouse (because it is used in the manufacturing process).

Re: Is this correct?

You can clock in and click out at work but I don't think "scan in and scan out" are accepted in everyday language.

You can clock in and click out at work but I don't think "scan in and scan out" are accepted in everyday language.
They're fine.

They're fine.

How so? I haven't found anything on Google on their usage other than as a name used in some IT software.

zxxx45, please note that I have changed your thread title.

Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

'
Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

Last edited:

How so? I haven't found anything on Google on their usage other than as a name used in some IT software.
They're logical and understandable. That's good enough.

In that case, can we use prepositions as we deem fit, as in copy in copy out or print in print out?

In that case, can we use prepositions as we deem fit, as in copy in copy out or print in print out?
No, of course not. Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to explain which new-coined collocations work and which don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back